Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Smile

I want to dedicate this poem to someone not here today……….



When I hear the crickets in the night, and see the twinkling of the stars,

When I feel the breeze on my cheeks and in my hair

I smile


The leaves rustle gently, the distant sound of a car going fast down the lane, the sudden quietness for a moment

Makes me smile


I hear the drumbeat far away

A group of dancers probably at play,

The tears filling the eyes quickly blinked away,

I smile


Your love is eternal,

It never faded away,

I still feel it in me

Every minute of the day.


I stare into the distance

See the mist on the hill darkened by shadows of trees,

Swaying in the gentle breeze

And I smile


Your touch kept me going

Your moves kept me in the groove

Your smell kept me intoxicated

That is why I still smile

©MTD


No comments:

Africa

Africa
Silver from Ghana

Adinkra Symbol

Adinkra Symbol
"Sankofa" Go back for it!!
Google